List of active policies
|Met-eLearning Site Policy||Site policy||All users|
Please read and confirm you agree to this update to the UK VCP Met-eLearning Site Policy.
UK VCP Met-eLearning Site Registration Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to your registration to use the UK VCP Met e-Learning Site. Please read these terms carefully. You should download or print a copy of these terms for future reference.
You must provide accurate details when you register on the Site and let us know if your details change.
If you breach these Terms, we may terminate these Terms and any applicable licences and/or restrict your access to the whole or any part of the Content or services on the Site, with immediate effect. We may also exercise these rights on national security grounds.
You must personally undertake any assessments offered to you by the Met Office. Allowing another individual to undertake assessments on your behalf may invalidate any qualification or certificate gained as a result of the assessment(s) and may also lead to civil and/or criminal penalties, as well as action by professional disciplinary bodies.
The Met Office aims to ensure that the Content is accurate and consistent with its current scientific understanding. However, the science which underlies meteorological forecasts and climate projections is constantly evolving. Therefore, any element of the Content which involves a forecast or a prediction should not be relied upon as though it were a statement of fact. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Met Office excludes all warranties or representations (express or implied) in respect of the Content.
Your use of the Content is entirely at your own risk. We make no warranty, representation or guarantee that the Content is error free or fit for your intended use.
There are opportunities within the Site for you to actively participate. In the process of doing so, you may provide certain comments, suggestions, data (including personal data), or other information to the Met Office (collectively "Information"). You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any Information that you choose to disclose and make publicly accessible via the Site, and that under no circumstances will the Met Office be liable in any way for the disclosure and public accessibility of such Information. You acknowledge that any Information posted to publicly accessible areas may remain publicly accessible indefinitely.
You must not knowingly transmit:
- offensive, indecent or obscene material or abusive images and literature;
- material which can reasonably be considered as harassment of, or insulting or defamatory to, other people or organisations;
- material obtained in violation of copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right or otherwise used in breach of a licence agreement;
- spam (electronic junk mail) or chain email;
- material that could, by its presence, reasonably be expected to embarrass or compromise the Met Office (although comments that disagree with the Met Office are allowed);
- commercial activities which are not connected to Met Office business;
- any form of gaming, lottery or betting;
- any form of share dealing;
- offers of items for sale or bids on commercial auction sites;
- chain schemes (such as pyramid selling);
- material designed to mislead people about who originated or authorised it (e.g. through misuse of signatures);
- attempts to compromise IT and telecoms, including Met Office IT and telecoms, prevent legitimate access to them, damage them or seek to cause degradation of performance or a denial of service;
- attempts to gain unauthorized access to Met Office IT and telecoms or content for which you do not have permission (i.e. Hacking);
- attempts to access, amend, damage, delete or disseminate another user's files, emails, communications or data without the appropriate authority.
We will withhold, edit or remove any comments we judge do not follow these guidelines.
You may only use the Site for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent intent, purpose or effect;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly distribute any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or communications network or hardware.
You also agree:
· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site at https://www.met-elearning.org/ (our site)
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our site;
o any software used in the provision of our site;
o or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
· To ensure that all usernames and passwords issued to you are kept safe and confidential. We are not responsible to any consequences of your username or password being compromised and we reserve the right to make a charge if we are required to re-set your password or any other security setting more than once in any six-month period.
· Accept all version upgrades, updates and patches that we recommend enabling us to continue to provide our services.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Freedom of Information
We have obligations under law, including the Freedom of Information legislation, to disclose information held by us. We will endeavour to consult with you before making a decision to disclose confidential information held by us but you acknowledge that we may be obliged under such legislation to disclose information without consulting with you.
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Changes to these Terms
The Met Office shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Terms, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to the Site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms to obtain timely notice of any such changes, as they are binding on you. The Met Office will post a last amended date at the bottom of this page to assist such review. Your continued use of this Site after such posting shall constitute your acceptance of these Terms as modified. Some of the provisions in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.
LAST REVIEWED AND UPDATED January 2020
© Crown copyright 2020, Met Office