Technical Advisory Group Forum

CLIMSOFT v4 -- Technical Requirements Document

Picture of Rafael Posada Navia-Osorio
CLIMSOFT v4 -- Technical Requirements Document
by Rafael Posada Navia-Osorio - 20 January 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I have attached the Document with all the technical requirements together with this post (CLIMSOFT_v4_technical_requirements_draft.docx). This is the same document you have received few weeks ago per E-Mail. Any comment can be now posted under this topic, so that everybody can keep track on the discussion. I also take the opportunity to remind you that we are looking for feedback by early-mid October.

Best regards!

Rafael

Picture of David Muchemi
Re: CLIMSOFT v4 -- Technical Requirements Document (first draft)
by David Muchemi - 16 September 2014

Thanks Rafael. Very good and very fast work. Get back to you ASAP David
Re: CLIMSOFT v4 -- Technical Requirements Document
by Rafael Posada Navia-Osorio - 21 January 2015

Dear Colleagues,

In December 2014 some of the members of the Technical Advisory Group had the opportunity to meet at MetOffice, in the UK. During this meeting the "Technical Requirements Document" was discussed and used as a guidance to continue with the development of Climsoft version 4.

We had hoped to chat through by teleconference but, as you know, this proved difficult to set up at the time so we are forwarding the document for comment now and would very much appreciate your input.

The document includes more specific ideas on how to implement the WMO CDMS Recommendations, as well as a review of the responses from the questionnaire.

Besides that, and since the document is getting pretty big, a summary in which the main issues are covered, was done.

Attached both documents:

• The updated version of the "Technical Requirements Document"
  • Summary of the document ("Technical_requirements_summary.docx")

Please have a look at these documents and reply to this newsgroup with any questions and comments or directly to me by email.

I wish you all happy New Year!

Best regards,

Rafael

by Rafael Posada Navia-Osorio - 26 February 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I order to keep track of all recommendations and/or comments received for improving Climsoft v4, the list of recommendations that came out of the Training in Tschad was included in the document "CLIMSOFT_v4_technical_requirements_v3.docx". This list is saved under the Chapter "Training on Climsoft in Tschad" and includes the responses of A. Mhanda and B. Lamptey,

The main points of the list are also included in the summary document ("Technical_requirements_summary_v3.docx") under the Chapter "Performance of Climsoft v3.2".

It would be great if you could have a look at these documents, and if we could use this TAG forum for discussions. If there are any questions or additional comments, please do not hesitate to post them.

Best regards!

Rafael

Picture of Ian Edwards
by Ian Edwards - 7 May 2015

Please see attached the Technical requirements document that we are using to guide the development of CLIMSOFT version 4.

This update is the result of a discussion that was held last week at the University of Reading as part of the CLIMSOFT 4 development workshop.

We have used the following ISO conventions for describing each requirement:

Shall - Shall is used to indicate a requirement that must be implemented (these correspond to where we previously wrote AGREED).

Will - Will is used to indicate a statement of fact, but these are not subject to verification. Sometimes this indicates that we expect a third party will do something.

Should - Should is used when a requirement is not mandatory and will not be formally verified. The expectation is that they we will try to implement these.

Marcellin HABIMANA
by Marcellin HABIMANA - 7 May 2015

Thanks Ian for the good work,

A quick look on the attached document (header) shows that you are referring to climsoft v3.2 instead of climsoftv4. Thanks

Picture of Ian Edwards

Hi Marcellin, it's really good to hear that you're starting your new role coordinating the project.

He's a link to the latest version of the version 4 technical requirements:

http://www.met-elearning.org/moodle_v2/pluginfile.php/9570/mod_forum/attachment/4146/CLIMSOFT_v4_Technical_Requirements_v1.0.docx

There should also be a link on the right hand side of the last message that I sent.

The links that are higher up on this page are earlier versions, initially for version 3.2, and then for the 3.2 to 4 transition.

We're currently setting up some software to help us keep track of the tasks that we need to complete in the version 4 development, I'll send you a link as soon as it is ready.  Hopefully it will help you see where we are at in the development and this may also be helpful when users report issues.

Ian

Marcellin HABIMANA

Well done Ian,

But still the header of the document page is "CLIMSOFT 3.2 – Technical Requirements / Summary V1", I think this should be CLIMSOFT4  – Technical Requirements / Summary V1.

Regards,

Picture of Ian Edwards

Thank you Marcellin - I understand now. I've changed both of the links above so that they now point to a corrected version.

Marcellin HABIMANA

Well done Ian.Keep up.